Re: [DebianGIS] S: Geography/GIS LiveCD

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 09:43:07AM +0100, Damiano G. Preatoni wrote:
> Alle Monday 02 January 2006 21:12, ralf@skolelinux.de ha scritto:
> > Happy new year, dear list!
> >
> > I wonder if there is any live CDs specialized on geo-software
> > or GIS applications? Any suggestions?
> >
> > Is there any official live CD by Debian-GIS?
>
> I've tried several, starting from Markus' list at
> http://grass.itc.it/download/cdrom.php.
>
> Another info source could be distrowatch.org
>
> My preferences are for GISIX and GIS-Knoppix. I used the latter to repackage a
> CRDOM for my GIS course students.

Georg Lösl (in Cc to this E-Mail) is planning to enhance GISIX for
educational purposes. It could be worth to contact him directly
to avoid duplicated work.

	Silke

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/