[DebianGIS] status

Hi all.
While wishing an happy new year to everybody, I would also like to point out
the present difficult situation for a debian gis user. In short, what I
consider the important gis programs (gdal, postgis, grass, qgis, mapserver)
cannot be installed without problems. The solution of this impasse seems to
require rebuilding of the whole lot, so it can take weeks, maybe months.
It would be great if someone would suggest a (temporary or stable) solution to
this.
All the best.
pc
--