From: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>
To: pkg-grass-general@lists.alioth.debian.org
Sent: Sat 17 Dec 2005 02:55:09 AM MST
Subject: [DebianGIS] Re: gdal

[Steve Halasz]
> Dropping the C++ library might not be too attractive. QGIS uses it
> heavily I think, but I'll have to check into that more.

Ouch. :/

We should avoid breaking qgis every time a new gdal library is
uploaded.  It will happen if qgis uses the C++ API and the gdal C++
API changes on every release. :/

> For now, what should the package name be? libgdal1a?

Not sure.  At the moment it is libgdal1c2a, and the previous ones were
libgdal1c2 and libgdal1c2a?  I guess libgdal2 if the API is
incompatible with libgdal1c2a, but am not really uptodate with the
library issues.