Re: [DebianGIS] Re: gdal

Frank,

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 00:54 -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> On 12/15/05, Steve Halasz <debian@adkgis.org> wrote:
> > I think DEBIAN/ should be removed. It appears debian/ is part of the
> > upstream. I'll request that it be excluded from gdal releases in the
> > future.
>
> Steve,
>
> I can delete the gdal/debian directory from CVS if it more
> hindrance than help.  Just let me know.

I would normally ask for it to be removed. It causes confusion because
changes happen in debian/ for any given gdal release to produce .deb
versions 1.3.1-1, 1.3.1-2, etc. The debian/ dir in the release will
never be up-to-date with respect to that release.

But this is going to be a team maintained package and it seems sentiment
is that it's fine as-is.

Thanks for the offer,
Steve