[DebianGIS] Re: gdal

[Frank Warmerdam]
> I can delete the gdal/debian directory from CVS if it more
> hindrance than help.  Just let me know.

Note that the upstream copy of debian/ is not part of the problems I
described.  If it is a problem, it is a problem for the package
maintainer and not as a package sponsor.

In some of the package were I am upstream, I've placed the debian/
directory under a different name in the upstream tarball (deb/).  In
others, I just copy the files from the latest debian package into the
upstream debian/ directory once in a while.  Both settings works for
me.  I'm aware that some people consider it a problem to have a
debian/ directory in the upstream source, but I am not one of them. :)