Re: e00compr (was Re: [Pkg-grass-general] updates)

On 6/8/05, Markus Neteler <neteler@itc.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> (cc Daniel Morissette, e00compr author)
>
> what about asking the author? :-)
>
> Hi Daniel, the problem below is holding the completion of the avc tools
> in Debian. Hopefully this problem can be solved (if your time is lacking,
> maybe you would accept a contributed ./configure[.in] script?).

Folks,

Why distribute the avce00 library?  Why not just install the avc binaries
as the package?

Much like me, Daniel likely prefers to keep simple packages with
limited interest simple.  GDAL includes a copy of the AVC code
(not too large) for it's own Arc/Info binary feature coverage support.
So I don't think there is much advantage to having avce00 available
as a library.  But the utility programs (avcimport and avccompress?) are
quite useful.

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com