Re: [Pkg-grass-general] little changes to the debpool archive

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 11:29:29AM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> > Due to recent changes to a few symlink in Debian archive, I changed as
> > well debpool settings for DebianGIS, as follows:
> >
> > stable -> sarge
> > testing -> etch
> >
> > Hip, hip, hurrah!!!!
>

> thanks and congrats to all the developers.
>

> can we now populate the stable repository with a snapshot of whatever is
> currently in unstable? It won't be too long before gcc 4 et al. make any
> new packages backwards incompatible. ...And people will still be using
> Sarge for a long time to come...

I would like to maintain a stable repository of backports for sarge there.
Current packages in unstable are backcompatible, but moving packages
there would break compatibility for versioning. It would be better
rebuilding from scratch with the correct version naming scheme.
I would do that in a few, if you like.

> http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debian-gis/dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/
> http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debian-gis/dists/sarge/main/source/
>
> /debian-gis/dists/woody  is empty -- remove?

Yeah, I will remove it asap.