Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: First AWT Native Interface implementation in Kaffe

Dalibor Topic wrote:
Wolfgang Baer <wbaer <at> gmx.de> writes:

Hi all,

just read this announcement of the first AWT Native Interface
implementation in the kaffe free java vm:

http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2005-February/101536.html

It's actually taken from gcj, it's really bleeding edge work from Thomas :) Jim
merged it into Kaffe today, and it should be part of Arnaud's upcoming kaffe
pre8 packages.

Yes, I know its taken from gcj - but for me only kaffe or sablevm is
interesting as Debian ships 3.3/3.4 versions of gcj and I think it will
first be included in the 4.0 version or later of gcj - which will not be
part of at least sarge.

The pre8-2 package already include the binary parts (libjawt.so) - but
the kaffe-dev package doesn't include the header files - I already filed
a bug report.

Regards,

Wolfgang