Re: [Pkg-grass-general] DebianGIS on testing?

Hello Steve, Hamish,

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:08:59 -0500 Steve Halasz <debian@adkgis.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 12:22 +0100, Stephan Holl wrote:
> > Dear developers,
> >
> > are there any plans to build qgis, grass libgdal-grass on testing?
>
> I was not planning on it. My goal was to get these into debian main
> and let them filter into testing that way.

OK, I see. Thanks for your comment.

> > When I try to set up my source.list, I cannot get any packages.
> >
> > # debian-GIS
> > deb http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/archive testing main contrib
> > non-free deb-src http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/archive testing
> > main contrib non-free
> >
> > Is the only solution to grab the sources and make a
> > dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
> > on the packages in question?
>
> You can install selected packages from unstable using apt pinning[1].
> You may still need to rebuild libgdal1-grass yourself for the time
> being[2].

Thanks for the info. I now used the above lines with unstable in map
source.list and did
   apt-get source
and rebuild on testig to get new packages of grass and
libgdal-grass quite easily.

Only the Qgis-Package does not build with
	dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
There is a problem that debian/rules does not have the correct
permission
?

Are there any problems on compiling qgis like this?

Thanks for any comments on that.

cheers
	Stephan

--