Re: [Pkg-grass-general] DebianGIS on testing?

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 12:22 +0100, Stephan Holl wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> are there any plans to build qgis, grass libgdal-grass on testing?

I was not planning on it. My goal was to get these into debian main and
let them filter into testing that way.

> When I try to set up my source.list, I cannot get any packages.
>
> # debian-GIS
> deb http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/archive testing main contrib
> non-free deb-src http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/archive testing main
> contrib non-free
>
> Is the only solution to grab the sources and make a
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
> on the packages in question?

You can install selected packages from unstable using apt pinning[1].
You may still need to rebuild libgdal1-grass yourself for the time
being[2].

Regards,
Steve

[1] http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html