Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Installation problem for mapserver on debian SID/apache1.3

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 18:37 +0100, luca marletta wrote:
> I'm a newbie with mapserver and all gis but is not the first package I
> install on my debian.
> I got the binaries from your repository and
> apt-get install php4-mapscript cgi-mapserver
> as usual and all was done well
>
> but no way at all to have answer pointing the browser at
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/mapserv was not found on this server.

You need to setup cgi-bin in the apache conf files. With Apache2 I have:

<Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin>
    Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

It would be helpful if the default apache install at least had this
commented out somewhere. Maybe I just missed it. It would be helpful to
have it in a README.Debian for mapserver as well.

Steve