[Pkg-grass-general] Installation problem for mapserver on debian SID/apache1.3

I'm a newbie with mapserver and all gis but is not the first package I
install on my debian.
I got the binaries from your repository and
apt-get install php4-mapscript cgi-mapserver
as usual and all was done well

but no way at all to have answer pointing the browser at
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv
The requested URL /cgi-bin/mapserv was not found on this server.

mapserv is there as symlink to the bin

I have also

~/ dplist apache
ii  apache                        1.3.33-3
versatile, high-performance HTTP server
ii  apache-common                 1.3.33-4
support files for all Apache webservers
ii  apache-dev                    1.3.33-4
development kit for the Apache webserver
ii  apache-perl                   1.3.33-4
versatile, high-performance HTTP server with Perl support
ii  apache-ssl                    1.3.33-4
versatile, high-performance HTTP server with SSL support
ii  apache-utils                  1.3.33-3
utility programs for webservers
ii  apache2-utils                 2.0.53-2
utility programs for webservers
ii  libapache-mod-midgard         1.6.2
Midgard Content Management System - Apache Module
ii  libapache-mod-ngobjweb        4.5.svn455-1                  Apache
module for the SOPE application server
ii  libapache-mod-perl            1.29.0.3-4
integration of perl with the Apache web server
ii  libapache-mod-php4            4.3.10-3
server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (apache 1.3module)

root @ server - ven, 11 feb 05 - 08:51
~/ dplist php
ii  libapache-mod-php4            4.3.10-3
server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (apache 1.3module)
ii  php4                          4.3.10-3
server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (meta-package)
ii  php4-cgi                      4.3.10-3
server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (CGI binary)
ii  php4-cli                      4.3.10-3
command-line interpreter for the php4 scripting language
ii  php4-common                   4.3.10-3                      Common
files for packages built from the php4 source
ii  php4-mapscript                4.4.1-0.dgis.unstable.1       module
for php4-cgi to use mapserver
ii  php4-mysql                    4.3.10-3                      MySQL
module for php4
ii  php4-pear                     4.3.10-2                      PEAR -
PHP Extension and Application Repository
ii  php4-pgsql                    4.3.10-1
PostgreSQL module for php4

can someone help me? I really need mapserver to test it

if this list is not for installation trouble, sorry and tell me where
i can ask please

bye

luca

--