Re: [Pkg-grass-general] GRASS package testing

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 20:27 +1300, Hamish wrote:
> => grass pkg:
> startup -> help
>   Error while opening file: "/usr/lib/grass/docs/html/helptext.html"!
>
>   (add patch to include note telling user to install grass-doc pkg?
>    can you include a helptext.txt stating that & overwrite it if
>    grass-doc is installed? if not always include helptext.html with an
>    added note at the top??)
>
> It's a bad look for new users.

Two different packages can't contain the same file. Since this file was
moved from docs/start to the docs/html dir this has made this trickier.
Init.sh or something or other will have to be patched to look for the
file in a different location.

> => could a patch be applied in the qgis-plugin-grass package to use
>  GISBASE=/usr/lib/grass if GISBASE is unset and/usr/lib/grass exists
>  and is valid instead of an error?

I've patched upstream CVS to do this. I'll apply this in
qgis-plugin-grass if grass enters unstable before qgis 0.7 is released.

Steve