Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:01:18 +0100
From: Andrea Antonello <moovida@katamail.com>
To: grass5@grass.itc.it
Cc: "Mark P. Line" <mark@polymathix.com>
Subject: Re: [GRASS5] Re: [Fwd: whinging about GRASS again]

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 18:19, Mark P. Line wrote:

I'd be working about 10 times faster if I could use Java/Swing for GUI
work, but that would introduce Yet Another Platform (albeit one that
works on everything from cellphones to mainframes).

I agree completely, even if I know I will incur the wrath of the gods in
this list. Nevertheless I would suggest people knowing java to have a
look at this:
http://www.hydrologis.com/html/jgrass/screenshots/images.html
Please remember that we try to extend GRASS, not to kill it (yes I am afraid :o)).

If someone is interested in trying the installation:
http://www.hydrologis.com/html/jgrass/jgrass_en.html

This is just an appetizer. In a (hopefully) short while we will
officially announce the first release and open the CVS to interested people. BTW the source is contained in the installation package.

Cheers,
Andrea