Re: [Pkg-grass-general] debian-gis stable

Hi Francesco,

> At this stage, I see the debian-gis repository as an experimental area
> for general contribution and testing. I'd like to see future DebianGis as
> a CDD, which many people see as a possible profitable future for
> Debian development. We currently have a very long life cycle for
> main (etch would be possible released in 4-5 years from now).
> I'm quite sure Debian as we know it today will be different after
> sarge, probably our monolithic archive is at its latest days by now.
> But who knows?

More than often, people tend to use stable for the base OS and testing for
selected packages (using apt pinning) for the packages that need to be up
to date.

So i see the debian-gis as development and experimental area and
unstable/testing in main as the "stable" area (i.e. packages in main
should not undergo radical packaging changes THAT often ;) ).

Thanks,
Jochen