Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: Why is mapserver configured without tiff and pdf support?

Silke Reimer a écrit :

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:56:31AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[Silke Reimer]
Yes, it is. UMN MapServer uses pdflib as PDF-library with is
non-free. So it should not be enabled if we want to have the UMN
MapServer into main.
Right.  Is this documented in the debian package files?  I suggest a
comment in the rules file to make it easy to find.

No, it isn't documented (see [1]). Thomas, would you mind to add a
remark in debian rules?

I'll make change on the CVS.

If you have gdal available (which is true for the current
mapserver-package) it is better to use the gdal to read geotiffs.
The native tiff-support of the UMN MapServer is sometimes broken for
example if you try to read WMS-layers with it. It can result in
black images or images with distorted colours (at least this is the
case in older versions of the UMN MapServer).
Oh.  This should probably be mentioned in debian/rules as well.

The real reason for using --without-tiff, was that perl mapscript segfault if you try to load some tiff file directly (without gdal).

(see above)

Greetings,

	Silke

[1] http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debian-gis/pool/m/mapserver/mapserver_4.4.1-0.dgis.unstable.1.diff.gz