[Pkg-grass-general] debian-gis stable

I work in two GIS labs and both are interested in
using debian GIS for some production workstations and
servers.

I thought it would be good to discuss:

What are our plans,if any, for creating a stable
release of our packages?

do we have a timetable for when we could
release/promote a stable release? or at least promote
our repository as being ready for production use?

Besides alioth going down, I have found debian gis
repository to be fairly stable. what steps are left
before we internally would consider our packages
release infrastructure ready for others to rely on for
production use?

Thanks
Jon