[Pkg-grass-general] Re: Mapserver debian package do not build

[Thomas Sondag]
> Yes help is greatly appreciated, that's not so easy to make a "realy
> clean" debian package.
> I'm not using anythings like a CVS for managing build rules files,
> may be someone can open a new mapserver module on alioth CVS ? I can
> open one somewhere else if you want.

Alioth is fine with me.  I'm 'pere' on Alioth.

I've started sending patches upstream regarding the issues I found in
the source when building with more warnings enabled.  We can discuss
this on IRC.  Are you on #geo on irc.oftc.net?  I am there.

> Php mapscript is the most unstable and the most dificult to
> integrate in debian, but also the most used part of mapserver.

OK.  I accept that, but then it should be integrated with the official
PHP packages in Debian.  I want the security fixes from Debian, to
avoid having to track security issues myself.

> If you realy don't have any idea on some project for using
> mapserver, take a look on http://www.debian.org/devel/todo/ (the
> debian developpers localisation tools project) ;-).

Oh, I am already involved in OpenStreetmap.org, so I have a good idea
on what I will use it for.  I plan to visualize GPS tracks and roads
drawn based on GPS tracks on a landsat image fetched from NASA. :)