Re: [Pkg-grass-general] mapserver alioth php support?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:05:18AM +0100, Thomas Sondag wrote:
> Francesco P. Lovergine a écrit :

> >>php4-mapscript is the right package to enable php mapscript.
> >>

> >Adding that to Suggested: or Recommends: would be nice for mapserver.
> >

> There are no pakage named mapserver, suggest is a good idea but where ?
> In mapserver-bin and mapserver-doc
> suggested :  perl-mapscript, python-mapscript, php4-mapscript, cgi-mapserver
> It's a bit too long no ?

In my opinion this is not the problem but rather that you probably
only want to install one of the packages at time. In my opinion
  suggested :  perl-mapscript, python-mapscript, php4-mapscript, cgi-mapserver
should appera in mapserver-bin and
  suggested :  perl-mapscript, python-mapscript, php4-mapscript, cgi-mapserver, mapserver-bin
in mapserver-doc.  And I would add a
  suggested: mapserver-bin, mapserver-doc
to all of the other other packages.

> May be a better description in all packages, is the solution ?

I think the description for perl-mapscript, python-mapscript,
php4-mapscript and cgi-mapserver is quite OK. In my opinion only the
description of mapserver-bin and mapserver-doc could contain some