Re: [Pkg-grass-general] test2

> One more thing: g.region gives an error as it cannot read the region
> file from  PERMANENT; no problem with regions in the work mapset.

To track it down we'd need to see the exact error message cut & pasted
from your term?

Note region settings created from GRASS 5.7/6 will not be readable from
GRASS 5.0/5.4 as the format has changed in a non-backwards compatible
way. This is to support the enhanced 3D raster modules.
Hopefully 5.4.1 will deal with the new format.
just run 'g.region -d' (if PERMANENT was an old region) or
'g.region rast=...' to fix.

Hamish