Re: [Pkg-grass-general] open source gis tools for metadata?

Hallo,

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 06:41:01AM -0800, Jon Saints wrote:
> I found this...
>
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/xpsql/projdisplay.php
>
> Anyone heard of it or used it before?

I just read about it on the postgis-user-list. This is perhaps where
you read about it as well?! Otherwise I would suggest to follow the
thread on postgis-users [1]. Perhaps there will come up more ideas.

Another tool which is at least very good at publishing, serving and
searching Metadata is deegree [2]. (I don't know abouts its
capabilities to edit the data). Deegree will even be the official
refernce implementation of the OGC for the WebCatalogService
specification once the testsuite has been finished.

The problem with deegree an debian is that debian need java that
means that it could currently not come into debian main but only
contrib. If someone would like to try deegree with the GNU classpath
project [3] though, I would be very interested in the results. I am
missing both knowhow in java and time to do it myself.

Many greetings,

	Silke

[1] http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2005-January/006606.html
[2] http://deegree.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/classpath.html

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/