Re: [Pkg-grass-general] qgis-plugin-grass: Depends: libgdal1grass (>= 1.2.3-1)

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 05:08:53PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 04:58:24PM +0100, Silke Reimer wrote:

> > > 1.2.5-1 is in main. Older versions should be removed from the pkg-grass
> > > repository.
> >
> > There is a difference between gdal (version 1.2.5) and libgdalgrass
> > (version 1.2.3). The second one has been prepared first by Frank
> > when gdal has had the version 1.2.3. Since libgdalgrass does also
> > work with gdal 1.2.5 I didn't see any reason to build a new
> > libgdalgrass package.
> >
> > I planned to build a new package libgdalgrass 1.2.5 as soon as
> > grass 6.0 did hit debian sid. This package should then be uploaded
> > to debain sid as well. This will then be based on gdal 1.2.5.
> >
> > But if you think that it is too confusing I could prepare a new
> > libgdalgrass pacakge. It will last a few days though because the
> > computer where my build system is installed is not constantly
> > available for my needs.
> >

> If you would keep the whole thing coherent among sid and debian-gis
> repo, it would be nice.

Yes, of course but by now it is *not* inconsistent because ther is
no libgdalgrass-package in debian sid. I have to wait until either
grass 5.7 or grass 6.0 is in debian sid until libgdalgrass can be
uploaded to sid since it depends on this grass package.

The version of libgdalgrass has only partly to do with gdal. It is
important though that the package libgdalgrass has the right
dependencies so that it can be used with gdal 1.2.5 and this is the
case.

But as I said, if this is too confusing I will prepare another
package libgdalgrass with version 1.2.5.

	Silke

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/