Re: [Pkg-grass-general] mapserver

Paolo Cavallini a écrit :

So would it be feasible to update the package (please Thomas)? I think this would be necessary before uploading it to alioth (BTW: any progress on this side?).
All the best.
pc

Sorry for my silence about my work on mapserver, I didn't have much time to spend on it, may be next week I hope.

I try to build the new version of mapserver 4.4.1 with php as an apache DSO module it work fine (with the new configuration option php-regex-dir), but all other binary are now segfault and use phpmapscript.so with php4 CGI segfault on the first mapserver function use.

I contact both mapserver user and developper for a solution, because I realy didn't understand the problem, I still have no response, but I'm not the only one to have this problem.

One solution may be to make a double build, one with php regex for the phpmapscript.so and another one with system regex for the rest : perl python mapserver cgi and binary tools. Add a debconf script to enable phpmapscript.so only for php4 as an apache DSO.

This solution have the avantage to require less change to php debian package : add regcomp.o regerror.o regexec.o regfree.o in php4-dev or in another package ( I know that's dirty).

I will update current package and try this option in another one.

   Thomas