[Pkg-grass-general] Fwd: Re: qgis and grass

Just to tell you about a missing dependency.

Matej

Subject: Re: qgis and grass
Date: Wednesday 08 of December 2004 13:08
From: Steve Halasz <debian@adkgis.org>
To: Matej Cepl <matej@ceplovi.cz>

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 10:25, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On Monday 06 of December 2004 12:56, you wrote:
> > I've uploaded a new qgis-plugin-grass package to:
> > http://bullhorn.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/
> >
> > This depends on a new libgdal1grass package that is also there. This
> > should work with your installed grass packages. You may need to upgrade
> > gdal to 1.2.3. If that doesn't work, try the packages here:
> > http://ftp.intevation.de/users/silke/debian/gdal-1.2.5/
>
> Chmm, installation went without a glitch, but I am afraid you have some
> missing Depends. See this example (inside GRASS):
>
> ~/archiv/2003/gisdata/massgis/matej$ qgis
> qgis: error while loading shared libraries: libfftw.so.2: cannot open \
>  shared object file: No such file or directory
> ~/archiv/2003/gisdata/massgis/matej$

Yes, it looks like grass has a bunch of missing depends :(

> I have looked into aptitude and it seems I am missing some Fast Fourier
> transformation libraries, but there are many of them available in Debian.
> Which one is the correct one?

Try fftw2

Steve

Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

[W]hat country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time that [the] people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms...The tree of liberty must be
refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and
tyrants.
    -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787