Re: [Pkg-grass-general] mapserver JPG input support

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:10:11 -0800 (PST), Jon Saints <saintsjd@yahoo.com> wrote:
> List
>
> I noticed our mapserver package is not compiled with
> input support for using georeferenced jpg support in
> our mapfiles.  Does any one have any objections,
> performance or dependancy concerns with integrating it
> into our package.

Jon,

Does the package include GDAL input support?  If so, you should avoid
configuring TIFF, JPEG, PNG or GIF input support directly in mapserver
as the GDAL based reader is more flexible than the direct support
for these formats.  For instance, reprojection is only supported for these
formats when used through GDAL.  So, they should normally be considered
only for "lite" versions of MapServer trying to avoid use of GDAL.

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com