Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: [GRASSLIST:4985] Re: grass 5.7 vs. Debian sid

> > > Then do dpkg-checkbuilddeps to see the additional packages you
> > > will need to compile it.  They ought to put this where you can see
> > > it before you download. [Took several wget -c's throughout the
> > > night just to find out.]:
..
> I also corrected the fftw3-dev -> fftw2-dev (as GRASS requires FFTW2,
> not FFTW3).

the needed debian package is actually called fftw-dev (fixed).

The debian control and rules files are currently in active development.
Please report any problems, I don't have time right now for exaustive
testing.

my current list: (grass 5.7-cvs)

Build-Depends: bison | byacc, c-shell, debhelper (>= 4.0.2), doxygen,
fftw-dev, flex, lesstif2-dev, libc6-dev, libfreetype6-dev, libgdal1,
libgdal1-dev, libjpeg62-dev | libjpeg-mmx-dev, libncurses5-dev,
libpng12-dev, libreadline4-dev, libtiff4-dev, postgresql-client,
postgresql-dev, proj (>= 4.4.7), tcl8.3-dev, tk8.3-dev, unixodbc-dev,
xlibmesa-gl-dev, xlibmesa-glu-dev, xlibs-dev, zlib1g-dev

libgdal1 and postgresql-client packages really needed for build?

Hamish