[Pkg-grass-general] Re: GRASS 5.7 man pages

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 04:16:14PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 04:05:43PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 12:28:22PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > - after compilation MAN pages are rendered from the HTML pages
> > >

> > AFAIK they are rendered in formatted form, i.e. 'cat' format.
> > That's ugly. Man pages must be unformatted, i.e. in source format.
> >

> BTW, is there any reason to not start/propose to convert documentation in a
> portable format (e.g. docbook) which could be used to get what ever
> final format is required?

No particular reasons. Just my time limits. If anyone wants to rewrite
it, no problem for me. The current state reflects what I was able to
do (with a bit of help of others). So: help welcome.

The current implementation is just an evolution of what has been there
before. It hopefully continues to evolve while always having a working
(maybe only sort of) system.

Markus