[Pkg-grass-general] draft for a d-d-a message

Please, comments and corrections are welcome :)

*Subject: Introducing DebianGis subproject*

DebianGis is a new sub-project started since a few weeks thanks to efforts of a
group of Debian developers and users. DebianGis goal is creating a Custom Debian
Distribution [5] oriented to serious Geographical Information Systems users and
applications [1].

We have already a few libraries and programs oriented to GIS in Debian, so
our first aim is coordinating development efforts and collecting users needs
and suggestions, as much as possible. If it would be possible, we would enlarge
our interests to other Earth Observation software categories in order
to create the only GNU/Linux distribution oriented to Remote sensing,
Earth Observation and Geographical Information Systems.

Of course, all people interested are invited to join us. We are using the
pkg-grass project site on Alioth [2] to provide a mailing list [3] and
a wiki [4] currently.

Stay tuned, more novelties would come as soon as possible...

[1] ???? A very introductive link to GIS generalities ????
[2] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-grass/