Re: GCC-4.8 on the horizon

Matthias Klose wrote:
Hi,

experimental now has gcc-4.8 packages. There are some things I would
like to see:

 - a lot of patches from 4.6 still does apply. Please could you
   evaluate these patches, and send these upstream if required?
   would love to see these for 4.8.0 upstream.

I've been really busy in real life these past months; I've been able
to find some time to start porting my patches to GCC 4.7.  All patches
up to ada-libgnatprj.diff apply cleanly but the build fails; I'm
investigating.  During the christmas vacation I plan to try and start
work on GCC 4.8.

 - [CCing Eric for this] the gnatprj and gnatvsn libs are built
   for Debian only. Is there any way, that these libs could be
   integrated into upstream (maybe conditionally)?

This reminds me of [1] which I sent upstream and that, apparently,
everyone has forgotten about -- myself included.  Applying that to
GCC would remove one Debian-specific patch.  Eric, could you please
have a look at it?  I don't think I can find the time to re-submit
this patch against 4.8 until January.

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2011-08/msg00594.html

--
Ludovic Brenta.