Re: sh4 architecture into Wheezy

Hi,

2011/4/4 Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@nigauri.org>:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/4/4 Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org>:
>> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 08:02:18AM +0900, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:
>>> The package which time needs most is GCC. GCC takes about 6 days.
>>
>> Ouch! That doesn't sound supportable to be honest. Do you have faster
>> hardware?
>
> We don't have faster hardware.
> We think of a too slow thing in a question....
>
> I intend to examine this a little more.

gcc of sh4 is multiarch. This provide m4 and m4-nofpu.
We use only m4 to compile most packages.
However, m4-nofpu is necessary when we compile Linux kernel and u-boot.
It becomes multiarch to be able to hold it for these two packages.

Therefore, we need double time when we build only m4.
I thought that we did not have to test m4-nofpu with g++ and other tools,
because linux kernel and u-boot use only gcc.

I compile the package which only gcc revised to test m4-nofpu now at
local machine,
and I am confirming time necessary for a package.

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro

--
Nobuhiro Iwamatsu