gnat with newer gcc?

I need to try to compile gnat for our solaris intel boxes and was
looking at the issues wrt conflicts between some gnat binaries and gcc
binaries (gdb, gcov, for example) and was looking at the information you
guys have since I have Debian at home ;-)

Anyway, I notice that gnat depends on gcc 3.2. How is this possible
since gnat only has patches for gcc 2.8.1 that come with it? Also, since
gnat is written in ADA, it needs gnat to compile so you have a chicken
and egg problem. How did you guys get around these two issues? I want to
be able to use gcc 3.1.1 with gnat if I can then there will be no
conflicts as I can just use the gnat version of gdb and gcov with gcc
3.1.1.

Any help, tips, how-to information would be greatly appreciated.

--
Carl B. Constantine         University of Victoria
Programmer Analyst          http://www.csc.uvic.ca