Re: Gnat-3.1 for Debian/Hurd

Jérémy BUISSON <Jeremy.Buisson@ens.insa-rennes.fr> writes:

> In facts, I'm especially interested in the Hurd port of that Ada
> compiler, and I want to know about the current status of the package
> gnat-3.1.

A fully working GNAT for Hurd requires non-trivial changes to the
run-time library.  Apart from the usual problem of porting the tasking
primitives, you'd have to remove assumptions in the current code about
an upper bound on the length of a path name.

> This is why I ask you whether there will be an official port of GNAT

I don't think the people who maintain Ada in the GCC care much about
the integration of GNAT into the GNU system.  We have to rely on
volunteers' work for that, and it's hard to make predictions in this
area.