Re: libgnat version might be erroneous

Jérôme Marant writes:
> Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> writes:
>
> > jmarant@nerim.net (Jérôme Marant) writes:
> >
> >>   I've read in the gcc ML that versioning libgnat as 3.15a
> >>   is erroneous, according to Robert Dewar.
> >
> > It's still in the GCC CVS...
>
>   And what's problematic with deciding something on this,
>   from GCC people point of view?

for the packaging, it's currently a non-issue, because we don't have a
shared libgnat yet. It builds, but you can't use it, because of
undefined references to some libiberty functions. why change the soname,
if upstream doesn't do it.

you may want to ask why libgnat3.15a exists at all ... well to avoid
the delay for new packages when filling the gap ;-)

	Matthias