Re: a.out target for 2.95

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 17:47:57 +0300, Wartan Hachaturow wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 10:04:59PM +0100, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> > I would recommend to download an old binary, say from SLS 1.0 or so.

> Ok, but what's SLS?

The Softlanding Linux System, a distribution whose 1.03 contained so many
annoying bugs that it gave rise to two distributions:
- Slackware, which was a bugfixed SLS
- Debian, which addressed the fundamental problem highlighted by SLS that
  Linux distributions are too complex to be maintained by a single
  individual; see the Debian Manifesto
  (http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch5.html)

Ray
(whose first Linux was SLS 1.02 with an 0.99pl9 kernel, downloaded on 40
floppies)
--
"Perhaps they spent some of the time writing the patent application. That
task was surely harder than thinking of the technique."