[Freedombox-discuss] Contributing to FreedomBox

It is great that you want to contribute to FreedomBox as a part of
Outreachy. I think for now a possibility would be to propose "Install
FreedomBox in a Container", which is listed as a GSoC project this year
with confirmed mentors Sunil Mohan Adapa, Dashamir Hoxha. Looking at the
timeline perspective you can also work on some of the critical issues on
Plinth https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth as part of your
Outreachy project.Also as the deadline for a project to be listed under
Outreachy is March - 8 (Today). I doubt this would be possible in such a
short span.

Also, I can mentor you on this project as I have experience with Containers
in my previous GSoC with FOSSASIA, and an experience mentoring students as
a Code-In mentor but I am not sure if I qualify as a mentor as I was not
actively involved in the community for the past one year. Also as I am not
involved with the administration of the project, someone else has to get
FreedomBox listed as an outreachy project under debian.

Nevertheless if listing the project under Outreachy is not possible, you
can still apply for the same through GSoC. In the meantime you can explore
FreedomBox and look at some beginner issues at the issue tracker to get
familiarized with the project.

Nikhil Rayaprolu