[Freedombox-discuss] Shutting down lists.freedomboxfoundation.org

On Thu 2018-01-18 18:45:27 -0500, Daniel Gnoutcheff wrote:
> On 01/18/2018 02:31 PM, Pierre L. wrote:
>> Hey!
>>
>> This current list will stay alive ? (Freedombox)
>
> Yes, for now.  <freedombox-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org> is hosted by
> Debian and will not be not affected by the shutdown of
> lists.freedomboxfoundation.org.
>
> However, I believe that the server hosting this list is also scheduled
> for eventual shutdown, to be replaced by lists.debian.org.

my understanding is that alioth's mailing lists were going to stop
accepting mail for delivery in February 2018.  see the timeline here:

    https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth

however, there's been some talk of trying to maintain the lists further: