[Freedombox-discuss] Connect Freedombox to Router

Hi Josh,
Am Mittwoch, den 29.11.2017, 13:09 -0500 schrieb Josh Blagden:
> ????Hi guys,
>
> ????I just joined the mailing list. I'm
> ????????interested in setting up a Freedombox, but I'm afraid that
> its
> ????????range may be insufficient and I also prefer wired Internet
> ????????connections better than wireless. Is it possible to connect a
> ????????Freedombox to router so you can get better range and
> ????????connectivity than what you could get with either an SBC's
> ????????internal wireless card or an external USB one? If it is, is
> it
> ????????possible to do that in a way in which you can still have
> gigabit
> ????????speeds when using a wired connection?
>
> ????
>
> ??????
>
> ????
>
> ??????
>
> ????Josh

the usual connection is actually to connect the Freedombox via cable to
the router (NAT). It then just depends on the network card of your
hardware, how fast the communication will go. You then can connect your
PC etc. via WLAN or cable to that router and give them local or
internet access to the box. The optional WLAN connection?of the
Freedombox e.g. via USB stick can serve as WLAN access point, e.g. if
your router does not have that option.Also have a look at our wiki: htt
ps://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Introduction
Dietmar