[Freedombox-discuss] normal user is admin

> Hi Pierre,
Hey James! Thx for your clear and informative answer !
> Debian 9 (Stretch) has plinth-0.13.1. In this version, the only
> difference between "admin" and other users is that "admin" users can
> access the box through SSH or console login. But every user can change
> configuration through Plinth. In other words, you should not create
> Plinth accounts for untrusted users.
It's sad on many cases I think. Or I haven't understood the goal of
Freedombox ?
I read "For example, to start using a private chat service, activate the
service from the administration interface and add your friends as
authorized users of the service"
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Introduction

On all systems I've used, there is an account (or many by using a group)
to administrate the services and the system itself + normal users with
an account for accessing those services. It's like using a computer, you
got many accounts with many levels, I don't want a children can be able
to change settings in the system for example :s

So if my goal is to manage users through Plinth, it's a bad idea because
everybody can manage Freedombox ?
So on every services, the Freedombox admin will have to create/manage
users for giving access to those services ?
It can be nice if the client "John Doe" can access services with only
one account (without being a Freedombox admin!).
The system admin will give access to John Doe by adding him to group
Radicale / SIPserver / OpenVPN (client generated) / Matrix.... etc.

> This was changed in plinth 0.14 and above (targeted for Debian 10
> (Buster)). Now, only the "admin" users can change configuration. I
> suggested in github issue #281 to add a description that this group is
> for the owner(s) of the FreedomBox.
Ok I'll try the current Debian testing, so it will use Plinth 0.14 with
this higher level of user management :)