[Freedombox-discuss] FBX Snapshots Module on Rasberry Pi 3

Hello all.

Similar but maybe outdated question?
https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/issues/568

Quick question:

Is it possible to use Snapshots on freedombox running on a raspberry pi
3?

I am trying to install Snapshots but I get this crazy error:

Error installing application: ('snapshot', '', 'Creating config failed
(/sbin/chsnap not installed).\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n File
"/usr/share/plinth/actions/snapshot", line 161, in <module>\n main()\n
File "/usr/share/plinth/actions/snapshot", line 157, in main\n
subcommand_method(arguments)\n File
"/usr/share/plinth/actions/snapshot", line 61, in subcommand_setup\n
subprocess.run(command, check=True)\n File
"/usr/lib/python3.5/subprocess.py", line 398, in run\n output=stdout,
stderr=stderr)\nsubprocess.CalledProcessError: Command \'[\'snapper\',
\'create-config\', \'/\']\' returned non-zero exit status 1\n')

According to the Issue #568
(https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/issues/568
) SunilMohanAdapa says that this error is because raspberry pi is using
ext4 and NOT btrfs.

So my question is: can btrfs be used on a raspberry pi running
freedombox?

I essentially want to have to snapshots and backups of my fbx. And I
know this could be achieved many ways (make a cronjob with rsync, etc)
but I would like to try out the Snapshots module that is built into
freedombox.

I tried to ask on IRC and it was a ghosttown....

thanks so much,
J.J.

I don't know understand many of these links but they seems like they may
help me:

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/FAQ#if_your_device_is_small

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Conversion_from_Ext3

https://wiki.debian.org/Btrfs