[Freedombox-discuss] Outreachy Application

On Saturday 25 February 2017 11:58 AM, soumya vadlamannati wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am a student from International Institute Of Information Technology,
> Hyderabad in India, and have enjoyed contributing to open source
> projects for the past few months. I have seen a project called "Refactor
> FreedomBox Foundation Website"
> in https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/SummerOfCode. Hence I wanted to
> confirm if FreedomBox was taking part in Outreachy, as I would like to
> participate.

Glad to know of your interest to work on FreedomBox.

FreedomBox participates in GSOC and Outreachy as part of the Debian
project.  Debian is participating in Outreaching Round 14[1].  Project
ideas are shared with Google Summer of Code 2017[2].

I would be happy to mentor this particular project and also like to
propose another project idea one similar lines to implement new card
based user interface for FreedomBox based on mray's design[3].  I will
update the project ideas page.

We will need co-mentors.  Anyone interested?

Links:
1) https://wiki.debian.org/Outreachy/Round14
2) https://wiki.debian.org/Outreachy/Round14#Projects
3) https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/issues/739