[Freedombox-discuss] Re-SOLVED: Unattended updates not running
- Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] Re-SOLVED: Unattended updates not running
- From: znoteer at hailmail.net (email@example.com)
- Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 08:48:02 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] 1475671682.1913122.746569009.64B592CA@webmail.messagingengine.com>
- In-reply-to: <1474409397.3077283.731952953.44EE0996@webmail.messagingengine.com>
- References: <1473717255.2181949.723605681.01646E2F@webmail.messagingengine.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1473765566.2362296.724153449.2E22CD66@webmail.messagingengine.com> <3080455.C2Raz4YJt4@bagend> <email@example.com> <1473825140.2601725.725045529.06CF8168@webmail.messagingengine.com> <1474409397.3077283.731952953.44EE0996@webmail.messagingengine.com>
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016, at 18:09, znoteer at hailmail.net wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016, at 23:52, znoteer at hailmail.net wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 13, 2016, at 19:41, Nick Daly wrote:
> > > Diederik de Haas writes:
> > >
> > > >> Allowed origins are: ['origin=Debian','o=Debian,n=jessie,c=main'...
> > > >
> > > > To make it useful on a non-stable system, you'd have to provide a custom
> > > > configuration.
> So, I changed it to stretch, and figured that was the end of that.
> Checking on it today, however, I had to do a whole bunch of upgrades.
> It doesn't look like my log listing has changed since that last time I
> posted it in this thread. The most recent files with data in them are
> from September 10:
I finally figured this out with help from the channel #debian on IRC.
The file /etc/cron.daily/apt was missing.
This file belongs to apt. However, it is not part of the .deb for
version 1.3, which I am running. A guy on #debian, also running apt
1.3, confirmed that /etc/cron.daily/apt wasn't present on his system.
Another guy running apt 1.0 did have the file on his system.
Does anyone know why this apparently essential script is not part of the
apt 1.3 .deb? Apt 1.3 does have the script /etc/cron.daily/apt-compat,
but it does not appear to do the job.
I was provided a copy of the script from apt 1.0. I installed it on my
freedombox yesterday, and this morning unattended-upgrade ran at last.
I hope this helps someone,
znoteer at hailmail.net
http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own