[Freedombox-discuss] Apt anomaly when going through privoxy.
- Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] Apt anomaly when going through privoxy.
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (A. F. Cano)
- Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 21:42:03 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20160703014203.GB25442@shibaya.lonestar.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <20160629005938.GA9910@shibaya.lonestar.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:36:22AM -0400, Daniel Gnoutcheff wrote:
> On 06/28/2016 08:59 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:
> > I have noticed that if privoxy is enabled, when doing an apt download from
> > internal machines, if it fails, aptitude retries but starts at the
> > beginning again.
> My Google-fu suggests that Privoxy filters out the "Range" HTTP request
I wouldn't have known to look for a Range HTTP request...
> header field by default , which would cause this behavior. There do
> appear to be plans to change this , though I'm not sure what the
> status of that is.
> It may be possible to configure privoxy to stop filtering out range
> requests; I'll leave that as an exercise for someone who uses it.
> Possibly useful docs: 
>  https://sourceforge.net/p/ijbswa/bugs/893/#6b17
Very complete and enlightening answer. Thank you very much!