[Freedombox-discuss] Install on web server VPS

On 05/23/2016 11:01 PM, Philippe Baret wrote:

> I have been installing FredomBox on a web server VPS / Debian Testing
>
> gandi.net / *1* core / 512 MB / 16GB / Fixed Ipv4 adress
>
> Debian Testing is very fast to install for the Debian 8 Jessie image.
>
> After installing freedombox-setup and setting up basic configuration,
> i opened my browser to the server fixed adress and got a Forbidden
> access from Apache. I had to enter
> in /etc/apache2/sites-available/plinth.conf in the <RequireAny> block.
> I could enter in the Plinth interface to launch the first
> configuration. Thank you jvalleroy for the support :)
>
> It is now impossible to install apps, having this message "Error
> installing application: Cannot refresh cache whilst offline None".
>
> in /etc/network/interfaces shows
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
> +
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
> with adress, netmask and gateway data
>
> Philippe

I think there are possibly 2 issues here.

1st, could you try this workaround for packagekit?
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageKit_Frequently_Asked_Questions#PackageKit_won.27t_work_without_NetworkManager
After making that change, you will need to restart the packagekit service.

2nd, did you happen to save a copy of the freedombox-setup script log? I
suspect that part of the setup was not successful.

--
James