[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox use: quick answer needed

On 05/23/2016 02:09 PM, Dietmar wrote:
> There also used to be owncloud to store bigger files for the home page
> and also as public library and to share files and pictures with
> friends. With the last update of PHP this does not work anymore, so I
> am back at using the service from my internet provider, the German
> Telecom.

For sharing files publicly, I found apache's userdir module to be quite
simple to use. Users with ssh access to the box can put files in their
home folder under ~/public_html using scp or SFTP, and those files are
accessible at /~username on the web server.

Would this be a good feature to have enabled in FreedomBox by default?

--
James