[Freedombox-discuss] fbx 0.7 dreamplug install report

On 01/22/2016 05:23 PM, James Valleroy wrote:
> Thanks for the report. Just checking, do you have network interfaces
> named "mlan0" and "uap0"?

Neither exist. The ifaces available are lo, eth0, eth1, tun0, and wlan0.

According to udevadm, wlan0 is an SD8688 driven by the 'libertas' driver.

The DreamPlug I'm using was quite old, so I suspect that we're looking
at one with an older-generation WiFi chip.

> There's an init script (freedombox-create-uap0) that should create the
> uap0 interface, if the mlan0 interface is present at boot.

Ah, it looks like it's intended for use with the mwifiex driver, which
isn't in use here.

In any case, if I try

  sudo iw phy phy0 interface add uap0 type __ap

I get

  command failed: Operation not supported (-95)

Later,
Daniel