[Freedombox-discuss] User module diagnostic failed and no more SSH access

On 01/21/2016 03:34 PM, Tim Mohrbach wrote:
> I just realized that the slapd package seemed to be marked for removal
> or was already removed... how is that possible actually? Output:

[...]
> Anyway, I just installed the package slapd again and restarted the
> service, seems fine now actually. everything works again... the
> diagnosis gives me passed everywhere too... huh? Strange!
[...]
> How is it possible that the package was removed, I have never touched
> the apt by hand, I only had auto update enabled...

One possibility is that something went wrong with unattended-upgrades.
Do you have that enabled?  Logs are available in
/var/log/unattended-upgrades/unattended-upgrades.log and
/var/log/unattended-upgrades/unattended-upgrades-dpkg.log

You may also have lost the freedombox-setup package and possibly other
dependencies.  To fix all that install the freedombox-setup package.

--
Sunil