[Freedombox-discuss] force owncloud to https?

On 12/19/2015 02:00 AM, Dietmar wrote:
> I wonder if it would make sense to force the usage of owncloud to https?
> I just did this on my box by simply copying and adapting the
> plinth-ssl.conf and then enabling.
> What do the experts think? Does this increase data security?

It might be a good idea to do this for all web applications in
FreedomBox.  However, we need to wait for Let's Encrypt to get
integrated into Plinth so that we have proper SSL certificates before
enforce SSL connections.

On a very related note, Let's Encrypt's client side tools required for
proving that we own a domain and to obtain a certificate are all
available in Debian unstable and testing.

--
Sunil