[Freedombox-discuss] kudos

Hi Contributors,

I shared a couple of hiccups I encountered while installing the other
day.  This time, I thought I'd share my amazement at how functional and
elegant FBX is.  I haven't played with all the applications yet, but
what I've seen so far is very simple and clean.  Same thing with the
configuration interface.  No clutter.  Very easy to understand.

Setting up a mumble server was a breeze.  It was easier to set up the
server on my FBX than it was to set up a mumble client on my laptop.

Creating a blog was as easy as setting up mumble.  My friends could do
this.  Heck, my mother could use this.  FBX is very impressive.  And it
still hasn't even reached version one.

I've also benefitted from the translation work.  My laptop is localised
to fr_CA, so when I bring up Plinth in a browser, the interface is in
French.  It's very cool to see the documentation and translation keeping
up with the rest of development.

The fast pace at which you guys are moving forward is exciting.  I can'
t wait to see where this goes.  For the time being I'm mucking around on
a sheeva plug, but I hope soon to be able to buy one of the supported
platforms to play some more.

Go team go!

  znoteer at hailmail.net

--