[Freedombox-discuss] Fwd: Samba on Freedombox

Hello

> Tim,
>
> You can access files hosted on your freedombox using Owncloud or SFTP.

The way to go.

> Or least that is the primary way I have heard people talking about
> getting files on and off the box. If you want to use Samba with your
> freedombox the best thing to do would be to create a "plinth
> application." Since samba is already packaged for debian, the hard part
> of integrating it with freedombox is already done.

Sorry to tell you, but that isn't the hardest part.  MS Windows 10 has
tightened the security, so it's a pain in one royal buttom to get the thing
to work.  NFS is much easier to get to work.  And of course, Owncloud and
SFTP just works, as mentioned earlier.

> There is a pretty good tutorial/documentation on how to create a plinth
> application on the wiki. [1] (If you are going to package samba it would
> be great if samba were configured to use the LDAP server that comes with
> plinth so plinth can take care of the user management!)

Samba with Kerberos and LDAP would probably be the way to go, if one really
want that.  As that is basicly the basis for AD.

> -Marc

Yours,
A Jackson