[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox UI in your language

Mikkel Kirkgaard Nielsen
Mon Nov 30 08:13:26 UTC 2015

> On 2015-11-29 10:25, Philippe wrote:
> > You can find a new wiki page focusing on translation here:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Translate

> Having done the Danish translation on Transifex I wanted to see it in
> real life so I set out for running bleeding edge Plinth with my
> updated django.po. Here's the necessary steps to test Plinth
> translations on the latest virtualbox image
> (freedombox-unstable-free_2015-10-18_virtualbox-amd64.tar.bz2):
>
> Setup a VirtualBox FreedomBox as described on
> https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Hardware/VirtualBox
> Boot the fbx to terminal and login (fbx:frdm)
> sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install gettext
> git clone https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth
> cd Plinth/plinth
> Download django.po from Transifex place it in plinth/locale/<your
> language>/LC_MESSAGES/
> django-admin compilemessages
> sudo service plinth stop
> sudo mkdir /etc/tor
> sudo touch /etc/tor/torrc (needed to start new plinth)
> sudo ./run --debug --no-daemon
>
> To update .po with new strings in github run: django-admin
> makemessages -l <your language>
>
> Some of this should probably be put somewhere on the wiki, is it OK
> for me to do a Translate/TestingPlinthTranslation page?
> - --

This answers my question of how to check the German interface. I haven't tried it yet, just will have time for it versus the weekend.
I do not have Tor (yet?) installed, so is the touch on torrc necessary in any case?

I also would appreciate to see it in a wiki and linked to Translate as I would hot have to memorize it myself

	Dietmar